We will issue a Call for Proposals approximately every 4 months. The application deadline for the next funding round is Sunday, March 31, 2019. Under special circumstances, we may consider reviewing time-sensitive proposals on a rolling basis, though applicants considering off-cycle applications should first contact the Research Fund Program Officer.
Before applying, we recommend reviewing our focus areas page to understand what types of proposals we are most interested in funding. You may also find it useful to review the details of our evaluation process and read about the projects we’ve funded so far.
- Chair: Zach Groff (Independent Researcher)
- Jo Anderson (Faunalytics)
- Kathryn Asher (Animal Charity Evaluators)
- Samantha Berscht (Animal Charity Evaluators)
- Greg Boese (Independent)
- Diana Fleischman (University of Portsmouth)
- Galina Hale (International Research)
- Jason Ketola (Maxmind)
- TJ Mather (Maxmind)
- David Meyer (Adopt-a-Pet)
- Allison Smith (Former Research Director, Animal Charity Evaluators)
- Michael Webermann (Better Eating International)
Conflicts of Interest
Members of the Oversight Committee must disclose any personal relationships with applicants, and recuse themselves from evaluations and discussions about proposals from organizations they are professionally associated with.