Grant monies awarded by the Fund are to be used only for the purposes described in the grant application. Contemplated changes in key personnel, or major changes in grant focus and direction, projected timeline, or budget must have prior written approval from the Fund. Failure to obtain prior authorization for such changes may result in suspension of the grant. The Fund reserves the right to terminate any project that, in the Fund’s sole discretion, is not satisfactorily pursuing and fulfilling the project goals and objectives stated in the application. All unexpended monies must be returned to the Fund within 90 days following conclusion or suspension of the grant.
By accepting a funding offer, the Grant holder agrees to the following conditions. Under special circumstances, some of these conditions may be negotiable.
- The Grant holder will comply with reasonable requests for information about research activities in a timely manner.
- The Grant holder will permit the Fund to solicit feedback on their proposal and study materials from members of the animal advocacy community.
- The Grant holder will comply with the Fund’s Open Science Policy.
- The Grant holder will submit a summary of the results, and allow the Fund to disseminate those results publicly.
- The Grant holder will maintain records to account for the uses of Grant monies, as well as submit a detailed expense report following the completion of the research.
- The Grant holder will ensure any publications or other dissemination of results acknowledge assistance received from the Fund, and that copies or notification are submitted to the Fund.